Wednesday 14 May 2014

Things That Make Me Happy! :)

Now, feel free to hate me or give out to me in the comments,as I'm aware this is a beauty blog, but I think a blog is a personal thing and a person should be able to post what they are feeling at that time. Right now, I'm feeling pretty down and so i thought I'd cheer myself and anybody else who needs it up with a post about things that make me happy. Comment if you like posts like this or think it's silly to post on a beauty blog. :)

1. Tea

I know I know, I'm a typical Irish girl by saying this but whenever I'm sad I grab myself a cup of tea in my favourite mug and a book and curl up in bed. I get sucked in to the book and before I know it I'm feeling better. I think tea is magic and gives you instant happiness!





2. Movies

Just like the books, I get so into the movie that I forget whatever was bothering me or on my mind. I like to watch a lighthearted Disney film (I've watched Frozen more than I can count!) or a romantic movie (recently I loved Safe Haven) The last movie I watched was 'It's Kind Of a Funny Story' based on a book by Ned Vizzini. It's about a teenage boy suffering from depression yet still manages to be funny and inspiring. I highly recommend it if you like John Green books!



3. Pamper Evening

I don't know any girl who doesn't feel even a teensy bit better after a good pamper session.Treat yourself to a face mask, hair mask, bath bombs, go the whole hog! This is almost guaranteed to make you happier in your body. I highly recommend doing this after a particularly stressful day at work or a tough exam to make you relax and de-stress.

4. Onesies!

I for one find it IMPOSSIBLE to be unhappy in a onesie. It's so comfy your stress just vanishes! I love to curl up in a onesie in bed with my laptop and watch youtubers like Zoella or Tanya Burr for the evening. Their happiness makes me happy!

5. HONY

I'm sure by now you've all heard of HONY or 'Humans Of New York' - The blog (and now book!) that interviews random people on the streets of New York. The blog was created in 2010 by a man named Brandon and I'm not sure what it is about it that makes me immediately happy. I could read this fascinating blog for hours without getting bored. My dream is to live in New York one day so who knows, maybe I'll be on this blog sometime!




6. My Favourite Music

I don't think there is one person on the planet that can truthfully say they don't like music - there really is something for everyone! I love to listen to Kodaline when I'm sad, Arctic Monkeys when I need confidence, or Ed Sheeran - anytime! My current song I have on repeat is 'All Of The Stars' by Ed Sheeran for the Fault In Our Stars movie coming out in July. It's such an amazing song and it's making me even more excited for the movie!




So I hope you didn't mind this post was a bit different from my normal route and if you did feel free to tell me in the comments - just don't be nasty!Otherwise, tell me what makes you happy or if you love anything in this post too. I hope you enjoyed learning a bit more about me than you would in a typical beauty post. Thanks for reading!x

No comments:

Post a Comment